Lincolnshire Crash Logs
In this section you will find information on the military aviation incidents in Lincolnshire from 1914 to the present day. Please click on the relevant year that you require information for to view all incidents recorded for that year. If you are looking for a particular crash location, aircraft serial, person's name etcetera then please use the search function. This allows a free-text search on any of the fields.
Please note that dates are formatted as YYYY-MM-DD - e.g. March 11th 1945 would be 1945-03-11
Please note that this listing is not exhaustive and despite checking may still contain errors or omissions.
Please also note that information has been sourced and cross-checked from multiple sources during the compilation of the listing.
Sources for this compilation are listed below
- Beware the Dog At War - John Ward, Jote Publications
- Black Night For Bomber Command - Richard Knott, Pen & Sword
- Bomber Command Losses (vols 1-7) - WR Chorley, Midland Counties Publications
- First Wave - Kenneth Ballantyne, Laundry Cottage Books
- Lincolnshire Air War 1939-1945 vols 1 & 2 by Sid Finn
- Aircraft crashes in the traditional county of Lincolnshire by T.N.Hancock
- Bomber County vols 1 & 2 by T.N. Hancock
- Avro Lancaster: The definitive record by Harry Holmes, Crowood press
- Avro Manchester: The legend behind the Lancaster by Robert Kirby
- Losses of the USAAF 8th and 9th Air Forces (vols 1-4) - Stanley D Bishop/Jan A Hey MBE, Bishop Book Publications
- No Place for Chivalry - Alastair Goodrum , Grub Street
- Rolls-Royce and the Halifax - David Birch, The Rolls-Royce Heritage Trust
- Slightly Below The Glidepath (vols 1- 3) - G. Mennell / B. Mennell, Fox 3 Publishing
- The Airfields of Lincolnshire since 1912 - Ron Blake, Mike Hodgson, Bill Taylor, Midland Counties Publishing
- The Blitz-Then And Now (vols 1-3) - Winston G Ramsey et al, After The Battle
- The Bristol Blenheim a complete history - Graham Warner, Crecy Publishing
- What happened to you Lazy Lou? - David Bristow, Barny Books
- The RAF Fighter Command Losses series of books by Norman L.H. Franks
- Lincolnshire Archives
- Lincolnshire Constabulary records, ref CONSTAB/2/3/2/16/1-4
- The National Archives, Kew:
- Assorted squadron operational record books (F540) AIR 27
- Assorted station operational record books (F540) AIR 28
- Assorted training unit operational record books (F540) AIR 29
- Intelligence - Enemy Casualties AIR 16/166-173
- Technical reports AIR 40/45
In the event that you discover errors or omissions in the accident record data, please do contact us and we will amend the master records on our website.